Many hoteliers are clueless about what to do next after they develop their website. They have heard or read about the importance of building a website. They probably noticed most of their competitors have their own websites up and running, so they thought if they don’t develop a website they may be left far behind in the race. So they finally decide jump in.
However, developing a website is just the first step in a long, arduous journey which you need to undertake. Just slapping together a few pages and publishing it online may not do you much good.
Remember this – in the online world, content is the king! If you don’t have proper content on the website, you may not be able to go far. Let us give some pointers about how to publish amazing content for your hotel website.
– Good content is all about details: The more in-depth, informative and detailed the content the better it may perform. If the content you publish is very informative, useful and comprehensive it may get lot of social shares and likes. People who read it will see you as an authority figure in this industry. You can gain lot of recognition, trust and fame by publishing well-researched, in-depth content that covers a topic from many angles.
– The titles are very important: Whatever content you publish, you need to make sure you give it a great headline. Title is the first part of the content which the users see. If the title does not interest them or arouse their curiosity they may not even read the rest of the page. So the title should be enticing and interesting.
– Titles should not be misleading: The rest of the content should deliver on the promise of the title. Whatever you promise in the title should be fulfilled in the content. If the content fails to deliver on the promise, it will turn out to be a big disappointment for the readers. Title is like a promise which the rest of the content fulfils. If the title reads ’10 Tips to Travel on a Budget’, make sure the content covers 10 tips, otherwise readers are going to feel misled and annoyed.
– Organize the content: Make sure the content is properly organized and is easy to read. Remember that web content is usually written for the general public – the layman. It should be easy to read and understand. Avoid using difficult words. Organize the content in topics and subtopics. Use subheadings, pictures and bullet points in order to make the content look organized and easy on the eyes.
– Make the content laser-targeted: Make the content targeted to a specific audience. If your content is not directed to any particular user, it is unlikely to perform well. So decide beforehand who are the people to whom you are addressing with a particular blog post, video or article.
We shall be providing more tips and suggestions on writing awesome content for your hotel websites, stay tuned!